New Monkey & Dimension 20

I’m a new Monkey this year and a big Dimension 20 fan. The Live episode that will stream while we’re at sea late Wednesday night is likely a boss battle leading into the final 2 episodes of the season. While I can watch alone or wait to watch after we get back, it would be fun to watch with other fans, and I suspect there might be a few fans onboard. Is there some way to organize something like that at this point? How would I go about it?

Welcome, @No_Plan_Anne!

Not to burst your bubble, but if you are planning on streaming video onboard, you may want to consider the quality (not great) and cost (expensive) of onboard Internet.

1 Like

Good points. I guess I got excited about meeting other fans for it, and I wasn’t thinking about that. I think my husband’s work is paying for internet, so if there’s a download/offline option the next day, I might try it there’s any interest. I can wait and watch it when I get home. I’m just so excited to meet people who love a lot of the same things I love, and this is one of them. Thanks!

I’m so glad that you are excited!

1 Like

@No_Plan_Anne You can try to find like minded fans on Twit-arr once we board the ship (THO sent an email last week with some info re Twit-arr) and/or put up a post on Analog Twit-arr (flipcharts that will hopefully be in the Explorer’s Lounge area on deck 2) to try to find others interested in finding a spot to watch it together. As Kate noted, YMMV with the actual ability to stream it live but at least you might be able to find others in your fandom to chat with.

1 Like

I’ll re-read that email. Thanks!

1 Like

I think this is the same thing mentioned as “d20live” in the shadow events thread. I’m planning to try finding wifi for my laptop in santo domingo to pull down the tuesday night talks machina vod. Give me the link of where it will appear and I’ll try to do that one as well.